Can I make my property larger or smaller?
The size of property may be adjusted by changing property lines with adjoining parcels. Even though this transaction does not create a new lot, a surveyor must prepare a property or boundary line adjustment plat that shows the new location of the new property line(s). The reconfigured lots must meet applicable zoning requirements. If the property line adjustment does not involve an existing subdivision, the surveyor's plat does not need to be formally reviewed by the county. Property line adjustments that involve existing subdivision lots require a resubdivision plat review. Resubdivision Application (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. How do I determine the zoning I need?
3. Can I subdivide my property?
4. Can I divide part of my property for a family member?
5. Can I make my property larger or smaller?
6. Do I need a building permit?
7. Can I have a business in my home?
8. Can I add an in-law suite or family apartment to my property?
9. Can I keep animals on my property?
10. What types of vehicles can I store on my property?