Nominations are Now Open for
Hanover’s 2022 Spirit of Volunteerism AwardsNomination deadline is March 18, 2022.Through Hanover’s annual Spirit of Volunteerism Awards, the Hanover County Board of Supervisors and the community pay tribute to outstanding Hanover County residents as well as individuals and groups whose volunteer service benefit the citizens of Hanover County. You may submit up to two nominations. Award Categories:
2022 Hanover Spirit of Volunteerism Nomination FormFor more information visit:www.HanoverVolunteers.orgNominees will be recognized at Hanover’s annual countywide Spirit of Volunteerism Celebration to be held in May 12, 2022.
- Spirit of One
- Spirit of Family
- Spirit of Inspiration
- Spirit of Youth
- Spirit of Dedication
- Spirit of Youth-Team
- Spirit of Team
- Commitment to Community
County opening emergency potable water station at Poor Farm Park
Beginning Thursday, January 6, Hanover County will make free potable water available at Poor Farm Park for those in need. This Emergency Potable Water Station will enable citizens to carry as much potable water as they can carry in their own containers. The frost-free water station is at the brick building at the first parking lot entrance on the left hand side of Liberty School Road past the middle school. The approximate address is 13400 Liberty School Road. If you have a larger container, bring a garden hose at least 25 feet long. The water station will be available from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily until power is restored to the rural areas of the county.
Application for CRISIS ASSISTANCE:
Equipment-related assistance & security deposits - November 1 through March 15
Heating fuel & utility bills (primary heat expense) - First workday in January through March 15CRISIS ASSISTANCE Available:
- Heating equipment - repair or replacement
- Heating equipment - supplemental (example: fuel tanks)
- Security deposit - primary heat expense
- Heating fuel/utility - primary
- For details and a complete list of assistance available, refer to the manual below
There must be a heating emergency, such as:
How to Apply
- Lack of heat
- Imminent utility cut-off
- Inoperable or unsafe heating equipment
- For a complete list of eligibility requirements, refer to the manual below.
- Option 1: Screen for eligibility and/or apply online through CommonHelp
- Option 2: Call the Enterprise Customer Service Center at 1-855-635-4370 (Monday - Friday 7 am - 6 pm) to apply over the telephone.
- Option 3: Submit an application manually. Fill out the appropriate application below and return it to your local department of social services:
Calendar of Local Food Pantries and Resources
Please remember, our team at Hanover Community Resources is here to assist you or your clients in finding available resources. We are here 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. You can call us at 804-365-4300 or email [email protected]
WHERE CAN IT TAKE ME?
- Medical appointments including Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center and medical facilities at Stony Point.
- Personal business such as grocery shopping, banking, employment and attending formal social and recreational programs
- Hanover County government buildings
- Within the County’s defined service area (Includes the entire county and a 7 mile area beyond the county boundaries)
- Trip must begin or end in Hanover County
WHEN DOES IT RUN?
Monday – Saturday (6:00 am – 6:00 pm)
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Eligibility is based upon:
- Proof of residency in Hanover County
- Proof of age, 60 and over
- Or Proof of Short-term or Long Term Disability.
Step 1. Complete the rider application form
Step 2. Submit verification information requested.
Step 3. Once determined eligible, your DASH ID (member) card and Rider’s Guide will be mailed to you.
Hanover Human Services Network Meeting
Faith-based organization, civic clubs and human service agencies and programs are invited to join us for our next quarterly Human Services Network Meeting to be held on Thursday, April 7 at 3:00 to 5:00pm.
This is your opportunity to update fellow service providers regarding current program operations and needs. Each participate will have an opportunity to share their program updates.
Please register HERE by Monday, April 4th. A Webex invitation will be sent after the registrations closed.
Food Network MeetingWe are planning to have a Food Network meeting on Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 at 2pm in the DSS conference room.