In the middle of their summer vacation, the Hanover Youth Service Council (HYSC) is coordinating a county-wide school supply drive. All supplies benefit Hanover’s elementary, middle, and high school students in need. This year, the drive will be held through August 23.
HYSC is collecting generic backpacks, composition books, supply boxes, 2-pocket folders, glue sticks, erasers, dividers, durable binders, supply boxes, pencil pouches, notebooks, hi-lighters, crayons, pencils, markers, colored pencils, loose leaf paper, scissors, sanitizing wipes, dry erase markers, hand sanitizer, tissues, index cards, and any other school supplies for all grade levels.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Ashland Library - 201 S. Railroad Avenue
- Community Resources - 12310 Washington Highway
- Chenault Veterinary Center - 351 Hill Carter Parkway
- Mechanicsville Library - 7461 Sherwood Crossing Place
- Atlee Library - 9161 Atlee Road
- Burkwood Swim& Racquet Club - 9120 Burkwood Club Drive
- Hanover County Administration Building - 7516 County Complex Road
- Hanover County Wickham Building - 7497 County Complex Road
- Hanover Library - 7527 Library Drive
- Montpelier Library - 17205 Sycamore Tavern Lane
- Rockville Library - 16600 Pouncey Tract Road
Local churches, including Ashland Christian Church and Atlee Community Church, are also supporting this effort.
Families needing school supplies for the coming school year should contact their school’s guidance counselor.
HYSC is comprised of 35 middle and high school students from throughout Hanover who plan and lead various service projects to address local needs.
For more information about this project or HYSC, contact Hanover County Department of Community Resources at 804-365-4300 or email [email protected]