Hanover County is working with residents, businesses, landowners and other community members to update its Comprehensive Plan. Called “Envision Hanover”, the Plan is the County’s long-range vision of Hanover over the next 25 years, addressing land use, housing, economic development, and natural resources. It also provides guidance on where growth may be appropriate throughout the County and what that growth should look like.
Your feedback will shape the Comprehensive Plan and decisions regarding growth, preservation, and public investment for years to come! Based upon the feedback received, the project team has been working to identify key concepts related to land use, economic development, and historic resources. These preliminary ideas will be introduced at a series of events scheduled in January and February. Residents will be able to share their ideas by participating in-person meetings or joining a webinar, depending upon their schedules.
The public participation events are:
In-Person Meetings (Presentation + Open House)
- Monday, January 23, 2023 (6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Atlee Library
- Thursday, January 26, 2023 (6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Montpelier Center for Arts and Education
- Monday, January 30, 2023 (6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Red Barn at Chickahominy Falls
- Thursday, February 2, 2023 (6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Mechanicsville Library
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 (6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.): Berea Baptist Church (Rockville)
- Monday, February 6, 2023 (6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) (Log-In Information to Be Posted)
The County will also offer these “stop and chat” events in which community members can informally chat with project team members on the following days, locations and times:
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 (11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.): Atlee Library
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023 (11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.): Ashland Library
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 (3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.): Rockville Library
The Board of Supervisors will hold public work sessions on the Comprehensive Plan on March 8, May 10 and July 26. The current schedule calls for the Planning Commission to hold a public hearing on the proposed update in August, with the Board’s public hearing to take place a month later.
Visit www.envisionhanover.com for more information about the planning process and how you can participate. You can also follow the planning process on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.