In the middle of their summer vacation, members of Hanover’s Youth Service Council (HYSC) are coordinating a countywide school supply drive. All supplies benefit Hanover’s elementary, middle, and high school students in need. This signature service project has been conducted by HYSC for the past 22 years.
Through August 15, 2022 you can donate generic backpacks, composition books, supply boxes, 2-pocket folders, glue sticks, erasers, dividers, durable binders, supply boxes, pencil pouches, notebooks, hi-lighters, crayons, pencils, markers, colored pencils, loose leaf paper, scissors, sanitizing wipes, dry erase markers, hand sanitizer, tissues, index cards, and any other school supplies for all grade levels.
Items can be dropped off at the following locations:
Items can be dropped off for donation at the following locations:
- Ashland Library –201 S. Railroad Avenue
- Department of Community Resources – 12310 Washington Highway, Ashland
- Mechanicsville Library – 7461 Sherwood Crossing Place
- Atlee Library –9161 Atlee Road
- Hanover County Administration Building – 7516 County Complex Road, Hanover
- Hanover County Martha Ann Fields Building – 7515 Library Drive
- Emergency Communications Building – 7501 Library Drive, Hanover
- Hanover Library –7527 Library Drive
- Montpelier Library – 17205 Sycamore Tavern Lane, Montpelier
Local churches and businesses interested in supporting the school supply drive and would like to host a collection box are asked to please contact the Department of Community Resources at 365-4300 or email [email protected]
Families needing school supplies for the coming school year should contact their school’s guidance counselor.
HYSC is comprised of 25 middle and high school students from throughout Hanover who plan and lead various service projects to address local needs. For more information about the HYSC, contact the Hanover County Department of Community Resources, 365-4300 or email [email protected]