In the middle of their summer vacation, the Hanover Youth Service Council (HYSC) is coordinating a countywide school supply drive. All supplies benefit Hanover’s elementary, middle, and high school students in need. HYSC members have conducted this signature service project for the past 20 years.
Between July 8 and August 5, you can donate generic backpacks, composition books, supply boxes, 2-pocket folders, glue sticks, erasers, dividers, durable binders, supply boxes, pencil pouches, notebooks, hi-lighters, crayons, pencils, markers, colored pencils, loose leaf paper, scissors, sanitizing wipes, dry erase markers, hand sanitizer, tissues, index cards, and any other school supplies for all grade levels.
Items can be dropped off for donation at the follow locations:
- Ashland Library –201 S. Railroad Avenue
- Community Resources – 12310 Washington Highway
- Edward Jones – 210 Railroad Avenue
- Mechanicsville Library – 7461 Sherwood Crossing Place
- Atlee Library –9161 Atlee Road
- Covenant Woods- 7090 Covenant Woods Drive
- Hanover County Administration Building – 7516 County Complex Road
- Hanover County Chenault-Weems Building – 7507 Library Drive
- Emergency Communications Building – 7501 Library Drive
- Hanover Library –7527 Library Drive
- Montpelier Library- 17205 Sycamore Tavern Lane
- Rockville Library– 16600 Pouncey Tract Road
Local churches and businesses interested in supporting the school supply drive and would like to host a collection box are asked to please contact the Department of Community Resources at 365-4300 or email email@example.com.
Families needing school supplies for the coming school year should contact their school’s guidance counselor.
HYSC is comprised of 36 middle and high school students from throughout Hanover who plan and lead various service projects to address local needs. For more information about the HYSC, contact the Department of Community Resources at 365-4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.