Do you know someone who is making a difference in our community? Hanover’s 2018 Spirit of Volunteerism awards highlight the contributions and dedication of local volunteers who are making positive impacts on our quality of life. March 16 is the deadline to submit nominations for this year’s awards.
Anyone may nominate inspiring individuals or groups of any age in one of seven categories:
- Spirit of One (honoring an individual over 18)
- Spirit of Youth (honoring youth or youth group up to age 18 or still in high school)
- Spirit of Dedication (honoring an individual 60 and over)
- Spirit of Team (honoring two or more adult volunteers working toward a common cause)
- Spirit of Family (honoring two or more family members working together toward a common purpose)
- Spirit of Inspiration (honoring an individual who has volunteered 20 years or more for a specific organization)
- Commitment to Community (recognizing a Hanover business which has demonstrated a sustained commitment to supporting the community).
On Tuesday, May 15 at 7:00 p.m., all nominees will be recognized and award recipients will be announced at the Spirit of Volunteerism Celebration, which will be held at the Hanover High School auditorium. This event is free and open to the public.
The goal of the celebration is to pay tribute to ALL volunteers within our community, as well as honor award nominees and announce the 2018 award recipients.
Award recipients will receive an engraved plaque and a financial donation of up to $250 will be made in their honor to the nonprofit / government program, school or organization designated on the honoree’s nomination form. Hanover County will also nominate the award recipient for the statewide Governor’s Community Service and Volunteerism Awards.
This year's Spirit of Volunteerism Awards sponsors are as follows: Ashland Wal-Mart Superstore, Battlefield Press, Inc., Covenant Woods, Grace Community Presbyterian Church, Virginia Credit Union, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative and Hanover Association of Businesses and Chamber of Commerce.
Nomination forms, on-line submission information and other details will be available at www.hanovervolunteers.org or by contacting the Hanover County Department of Community Resources at (804) 365-4300.