Bring on the Halloween festivities and family fun with Parks and Recreation!
Taylor, the Hanover Parks and Recreation's lovable mascot, and some of his Disney friends encourage kids to come to SpookieFUN Fest in costume! Remember to bring your trick or treat bag your flashlight if you plan to participate in the flashlight candy hunts!
SpookieFun things to do:
- Visit with Taylor and his Disney friends:
Friday visit with: Elsa, Little Mermaid, Batman, and Superman
Saturday visit with: Elsa, Cinderella, Little Mermaid and Batman
- Pumpkin Walk with The Hanover Optimist Club
- The Game Patrol
- Monster Mash dance area
- Trick or Treat with participating local businesses in the Hanover Treats area
- Crafts and activities with participating local businesses in the Taylor’s Tricks area
- Visit Taylor’s mini-pumpkin patch where you can decorate your pumpkin
- Rides (designed for ages 3 - 12)
- Remember Scooby Do? Get up close with the Mystery Machine
- SpookieFUN games
- Casper’s FUN Hunt* (ages 4 and under), an area where parents can help their children search for toys and candy specifically designed for little candy hunters
- Flashlight Candy Hunt* (ages 5 - 12), 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - flashlights are required for all participants, limited number of participants in each timed hunt
Items marked with * require wristband purchase from the park concession stand ($1 per child).
Concession items and novelty food items will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring a flashlight (required for candy hunts) and a bag for all your trick or treat goodies.
Rides and games are open from 5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Friday’s location:
- Pole Green Park is located at: 8996 Pole Green Park Ln, Mechanicsville, Virginia 23116
- Saturday’s location:
- Poor Farm Park is located at: 13400 Liberty School Rd, Ashland, Virginia 23005
We hope to see everyone at the 2017 Taylor’s SpookieFUN Fest.
For specific questions, please contact Hanover County Parks and Recreation at (804) 365-7150 or via email at [email protected]