Dichotomous Key Activities
Waste and Recycling
- A Waterproof Case Book (PDF)
- Healthy Water Healthy People Educator Guide (PDF)
- Science Fair Projects - Water Quality for Middle School (PDF)
- Water Quality Indicators (PDF)
- We All Use Water Science Notebook (PDF)
- Healthy Water Healthy People Science Notebook (PDF)
- Explore Watersheds Science Notebook (PDF)
- Investigate Freshwater Science Notebook (PDF)
- Caroline Middle School Watershed Maps (PDF)
- Liberty Middle School Watershed Maps (PDF)
- Oak Knoll Middle School Watershed Maps (PDF)
- Stonewall Middle School Watershed Maps (PDF)
- Chickahominy Middle School Watershed Maps (PDF)
- Virginia Watersheds (PDF)
- Virginia Watersheds-11 x 17 (PDF)
- Virginia Watersheds - Blank for Labeling (PDF)
- The Chesapeake Air Shed (GIF)
- Virginia watersheds with area
- Waxpaper Watershed Model Activity
- What is a Watershed?
- Blue Beads Activity Student Copy pages
- Virginia watersheds with area chart
- Watershed Investigation Walk_- Scavenger Hunt
These resources are available at no cost to Hanover and Caroline public, private, homeschool, and non-formal educators. For more information or to request materials to support environmental literacy, please contact the District education specialist, Karen Fetty.
Enviroscape Model - Through hands-on interactive demonstrations, students explore point and non-point-source water pollution and discover our shared responsibility for the environment. Click here to reserve the model.
Measuring Evaporation Kit - Designed for grades 3-5, this kit provides the tools, materials, lesson plan, and student data sheet for a hands-on Water Cycle lab, demonstrating absorption and evaporation. Four kits are available, each supplied with materials for ten sets of lab partners (classroom). Click here to reserve a kit(s).
Conservation Education Teacher of the Year -- Each year the VASWCD recognizes an outstanding conservation education efforts by an elementary (Kindergarten -5th Grade) and a secondary (6th-12th Grade) teacher with the VASWCD Teacher Award. All teachers in public, parochial and private schools in Virginia are eligible to participate in the program. One teacher in each category is selected at the local SWCD level. State winners will be recognized at the VASWCD Annual Meeting. First Place Teacher in each category receives a plaque and $250. Each SWCD may send one nominee in each category (K-5th, 6th-12th). For more information or to request an application, contact District education specialist, Karen Fetty.