Same Day Access
Due to the current public health emergency, Hanover CSB offices are closed to the public except by appointment only.
Please call 804-365-4222 before visiting so that staff can assist you.
- Individuals seeking help for mental health or substance use concerns, or who want to begin the process of accessing services related to a developmental disability, do not need an appointment.
- The CSB’s Ashland Office at 12300 Washington Highway has walk-in hours from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday (except County Holidays).
- Individuals will be able to speak with a staff member face to face. After eligibility & other screening, he or she will receive an initial comprehensive assessment that same day (please plan for this to take approximately 2 hours). Within seven business days of the initial visit, individuals will have their first treatment appointment and/or a plan for accessing resources and/or services.
- CSB staff conducting the assessment are trained to assess for substance use disorders as well as mental health and co-occurring disorders. Trained staff will also be available to assess and consult related to developmental disabilities.
- To expedite the intake process for developmental disability services, individuals will need a psychological evaluation. If one has been completed, individuals should bring a copy; if not, staff will provide referral information for other providers that can complete this evaluation.
- You can also download the HCCSB Information Form to complete and bring with you.