Joint Education Committee
- The committee will meet as needed and will be announced when the meeting notice is posted.
- Site locations will be announced when the meeting notice is posted.
- Susan P. Dibble, Board of Supervisor's Representative
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek, Board of Supervisor's Representative
- Dr. Michael B. Gill, Hanover County School Board Staff Representative
- F. Michael Herzberg, IV, Board of Supervisor's Representative (Alternate)
- Faye O. Prichard, Board of Supervisor's Representative
- Christina Berta, Hanover County School Board Staff Representative
- Hanover County School Board Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson
2 Board of Supervisor members appointed by the Board of Supervisors and 2 School Board members appointed by the School Board
Staff support provided by the county administrator, superintendent, deputy county administrator for finance and administration and assistant superintendent for business and operations. In addition, an alternate will also be appointed by the respective boards for Board of Supervisor member and School Board member representatives.
Agendas & Minutes
Terms of Service
1 year with appointments in January
The purpose of the Joint Education Committee is to have Board of Supervisors and their appointed School Board representatives further collaborate on issues of mutual interest on behalf of the citizens, students and businesses in the county.
- Budget and local funding methodology
- Employee compensation and benefits management
- Long-term capital improvement needs
- County-school legislative agenda and constraints of unfunded mandates
- Operational and administrative collaboration (e.g., fleet, facilities, finance, information technology, human resources)
Committee will also determine need for any special joint board meetings.