Community Services Board
The Hanover County Community Services Board, an administrative policy body, is comprised of county residents appointed to set policies for the provision of mental health, developmental and substance use disorder services.
Among other duties, the HCCSB reviews and evaluates services and facilities, ensures compliance with the annual performance contract, approves a schedule of fees and advocates on behalf of county residents.
3rd Monday of every month (County Holidays may impact the schedule)
Meeting locations can vary, but typically meetings are held at:
12300 Washington Highway, Ashland, VA 23005
Agendas are available prior to the meetings; the meeting packet for each meeting includes the draft minutes from the prior meeting.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Agendas & Minutes
Public comments allow an opportunity for residents of Hanover County and other interested parties to present comments and information to the Board regarding any matter within the scope of the Board’s authority. Any person who desires to speak will be asked to provide his/her name, magisterial district or locality of residence, and the matter to be addressed. The Board may respond at the conclusion of the public comment period to comments or questions raised. Information that is readily available in response to such comments may be provided at this time. In addition, the Board may direct that the staff prepare a report or take other action in response to the comments received.
- Anne Cross, Chair Henry District Phone: 804-746-2377 Email
- Sue Randolph, Vice-Chair Member-at-Large Phone: 804-363-5706 Email
- Robin Trivette, Secretary Member-at-Large Phone: 804-650-0796 Email
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek Board of Supervisors Member Phone: 804-550-5655 Email
- Mary Butler Eggleston - Member-at-Large Phone: 804-647-3287 Email
- Ryan Hudson - Mechanicsville District Phone: 804-307-2882 Email @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Johna Jones - Cold Harbor District Phone: 804-815-6511 Email
- Jeffrey A. Katz - Beaverdam District Phone: (804) 601-0199 Email
- Carol McDaid - Member-at-Large Phone: 202-669-1991 Email
- Gary D. Perkins - South Anna District Phone: 804-513-1228 Email
- Linda Wilkinson - Ashland District Phone: 804-389-0538 Email
- Jack Wilson - Chickahominy District Phone: 804-787-0699 Email @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The purpose of this Board shall be to act as the agent of Hanover County, Virginia, a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the establishment and operation of community mental health, developmental disabilities and substance use disorder services, as provided for in Subtitle II, Chapter 5 of Title 37.2 of the Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, relating to the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, hereinafter referred to as the “Department”. Additionally, the purpose of this Board shall be to provide a core of program services to include emergency and case management services (subject to the availability of funding), and other appropriate services necessary to provide individualized supports to persons with mental illness, developmental disabilities and/or substance use disorders.
The County of Hanover has established the Board and authorized it to administer County mental health, developmental disabilities and substance use disorder services pursuant to a resolution approved by the County Board of Supervisors on August 26, 1998, and in accordance with the provisions of 37.2-501 of the Code of Virginia. The County Board of Supervisors has designated the Board as an Administrative Policy Board, as defined in 37.2-100 of the Code of Virginia. The powers, duties and responsibilities of the Board shall be those of an Administrative Policy Board set forth in the Code of Virginia.
The Board shall be composed of 12 members, who shall be appointed by the Board of Supervisors in accordance with state law. The Board shall include one member from each of the seven magisterial districts of the County, one member from the Board of Supervisors and four at-large members. The membership of the Board shall be broadly representative of the community. One-third of the Board shall be consumers or family members of consumers, at least one of whom shall be a consumer receiving services, as defined in 37.2-100 of the Code of Virginia.
Terms of Service
The term of each member of the Board shall be for three years from January first of the year appointed. Any vacancies on the Board shall be filled for the balance of an unexpired term.
Compensation: $50 per month; $600 annually