Health Financial Assistance
Insurance MedicaidMedicaid is health insurance for income eligible and covered individuals or groups, including:
- Aged, blind, disabled
- Families and children
- Foster and adoptive children
- Men and women seeking family planning and birth control, a program called Plan First
- Pregnant women
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients who are disabled adults or children or over 65
- Women who have been screened under the Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act (BCCPTA)
Medical and cash assistance are provided through refugee resettlement for a limited period of time to eligible refugees. Apply online for refugee resettlement.
Insurance MedicareMedicare is health insurance for persons aged 65 and over. Inquire online via the Medicare website or call 800-MEDICARE or 800-633-4227 or TTY 877-486-2048. You may be eligible to have your Medicare premium paid through Medicaid, apply online for Medicaid or call Cover Virginia call center 855-242-8282.
Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D): Medicare recipients can receive Medicare prescription drug coverage.
- Drug plans are offered by private companies. If you already have Medicaid and have Medicare you do not have to do anything. You will automatically be enrolled in one of the plans. If you prefer a different plan, you may change.
- If you are not on Medicaid, you may call Social Security at 800-772-1213 to request an application or apply online via the Social Security website for extra help to determine if you are eligible for the prescription drug coverage.