Services for Adults
Mental Health &/or Drug/Alcohol Crisis Services
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for anyone in Hanover County.
- Call: 804-365-4200
Adult Abuse, Neglect, or Exploitation
If you suspect an adult is being abused, neglected, or exploited, you can report it by calling:
- Hanover Department of Social Services at 804-365-4100, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Virginia Adult Abuse Hotline at 888-832-3858, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Adult Services Assessment for In-Home Care or Nursing Home Placement
Adult services assesses for in-home services, adult day care, or long-term care for individuals to help them remain in their homes or, when necessary, prepare for nursing home care.
If you know an eligible adult in need of an assessment, call Hanover Department of Social Services at 804-365-4100, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..
Mental Health, Drug/Alcohol & Developmental Disabilities Services
The Community Services Board (CSB) offers services to adults who live in Hanover County, have a mental illness, a drug or alcohol problem, or developmental disabilities and who meet specific criteria. Some of the services we offer include:
- Case management - Links and referrals to resources in the community
- Counseling - Offer advice and support to help deal with problems and make important decisions
- Crisis/emergency services - 24/7 help for people in Hanover County experiencing a mental health emergency. Call 804-365-4200
- Education - Learn more about parenting and dealing with day-to-day struggles of raising children
There are fees for our services:
- We accept many types of insurance.
- Most people without insurance qualify for reduced fees.
- We accept cash, check, money order and major credit cards.
To find out more about our services or to make an appointment, call the Community Services Board (CSB) at 804-365-4222, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.