Help Honor Hanover’s Outstanding Volunteers!
Tell us your stories of inspiring members of our community who are making a difference through their spirit of volunteerism.
Nominations are now open for Hanover’s 2020 Spirit of Volunteerism Awards. Nomination Deadline is March 16th.
Through these awards Hanover recognizes the impact of youth, youth groups, adults, families, older adults, adult groups, long-serving volunteers and community minded businesses.
All nominees are publicly recognized by the Hanover County Board of Supervisors at Hanover’s Annual Spirit of Volunteerism Celebration, May 14th, 7pm at Hanover High School
At the Celebration, award recipients will be named in each of 8 categories. Award honorees will receive a personalized engraved plaque. Also, in honor of Hanover’s 300 Birthday, our award sponsors will be making a financial contribution of up to $300 to the faith-based, nonprofit, or government community service volunteer program for which the volunteer serves.
View the Nomination Info Packet for category and nomination details
Download the Fillable PDF Nomination Form
OR Complete the Online Nomination Form
Special thanks to our Award Sponsors: Rappahannock Electric Cooperative; Ashland Walmart; Copy Cat Printing; Covenant Woods, Grace Community Presbyterian Church; Hanover Chamber of Commerce; Virginia Credit Union
Have Questions? Call us at 804-365-4302 or email
Congratulations to Last Year's Spirit of Volunteerism Honorees!
- Spirit of Youth Award -Sophie Ward
- Spirit of Youth Team Award- Hanover Food Outreach Project Backpack Youth Volunteers
- Spirit of Dedication Award- Anthony Keitt
- Spirit of Dedication Award -Mary Anne Taylor
- Spirit of Team Award- Moments of Hope Pantry Volunteers
- Spirit of One Award - David Fuller
- Spirit of One Award - Teresa Lopez de Ocanas
- Spirit of Family Award- The White Family
- Spirit of Inspiration Award- Shannon Lawson
- Commitment to Community Award- Bass Pro Shop Ashland
- Judges' Choice Award- Dover Men in Ministry
Learn more about a few of our volunteer positions
Serve on a Board of Supervisors Appointed Committee
Volunteer in Your Community
Need Volunteer Hours for Court?
- Youth (under 18): contact Juvenile Court Services Unit 804-365-6201
- Adults: contact Community Corrections and Pretrial Services
Need More Help?
Contact us at 804-365-4300 or by email.