Thank you for searching our page because you care about others who are impacted by COVID-19 and you want to help.
We are proud of Hanover’s volunteer spirit. One of the best services that each of us can provide to our community is practicing guidelines set by the CDC. Remember even those who are feeling well may unknowingly expose others.
As you or your organization prepares and makes decisions regarding engaging volunteers, or if you are considering taking part in organization-led volunteer projects during this time, we ask that you observe the precautions outlined in the Healthy Volunteers Guidelines.
Please do not volunteer if you are sick or feeling unwell.
Please do not volunteer if you have been near someone who is sick.
Please do not volunteer if you have traveled abroad or to any highly impacted part of the US.
Please do not volunteer if you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19.
Please be advised that staff may ask you to leave the volunteer project if you show signs of illness.
Please do not shake hands or have physical contact with anyone if you are attending a volunteer project.
We will be updating COVID-19 related volunteer opportunity suggestions and resources on Hanover County’s COVID-19 webpage
If you have questions contact us at email@example.com
Congratulations to Last Year's Spirit of Volunteerism Honorees!
- Spirit of Youth Award -Sophie Ward
- Spirit of Youth Team Award- Hanover Food Outreach Project Backpack Youth Volunteers
- Spirit of Dedication Award- Anthony Keitt
- Spirit of Dedication Award -Mary Anne Taylor
- Spirit of Team Award- Moments of Hope Pantry Volunteers
- Spirit of One Award - David Fuller
- Spirit of One Award - Teresa Lopez de Ocanas
- Spirit of Family Award- The White Family
- Spirit of Inspiration Award- Shannon Lawson
- Commitment to Community Award- Bass Pro Shop Ashland
- Judges' Choice Award- Dover Men in Ministry
Learn more about a few of our volunteer positions
Serve on a Board of Supervisors Appointed Committee
Volunteer in Your Community
Need Volunteer Hours for Court?
- Youth (under 18): contact Juvenile Court Services Unit 804-365-6201
- Adults: contact Community Corrections and Pretrial Services
Need More Help?
Contact us at 804-365-4300 or by email.