- Your Government
- Departments A-F
- Circuit Court Clerk's Office
- Deeds & Plats - Self Service
Deeds & Plats - Self Service
Find DEEDS, PLATS, WILLS, MARRIAGE LICENSES and OTHER RECORDS and purchase copies
Self Service Search indexes and purchase copies.
Easy to use parcel information searches can be found at https://parcelmap.hanovercounty.gov/. The more information provided to us the quicker we can complete your request.
At the Office:
Located on the second floor of the Courthouse:
7530 County Complex Road
Hanover, VA 23069
Open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Hanover Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
Post Office Box 39
Hanover, VA 23069
- Include a letter that identifies the document(s). Ex. Full names of parties, court case number, record book and page number, or document number.
- Include check payable to Hanover Circuit Court Clerk for the copy costs (50 cents per page, plus $2 if the copy is certified).
Secure Remote Access - paid subscription:
See document images, in addition to the indexes, before purchase. Self Service Secure Remote Access
Recording Land Records
Virginia's Judicial System Deed Book Forms includes forms for commonly used land records documents.
Print forms using "Print for Submission to Court". The clerk's office cannot accept forms in which grey boxes appear.
Document Recording requirements
- Recording fees paid by credit card, check or money order payable to Hanover County Circuit Court Clerk, or cash. Virginia's Judicial System Recording Cost Calculator
- Original signatures, acknowledged before a Notary Public
- Must include Geographic Parcel Identification Number (GPIN) if pertaining to real estate. GPIN may be found on real estate tax bill or Hanover County Virginia Parcel Search and Mapping Application.
Note 1: Land records, wills, judgments, UCCs, and other documents offered for recordation may not include a social security number.
Note 2: Include a self-addressed envelope if sent by mail.
Library of Virginia's Standards for Recorded Instruments and Library of Virginia's Standards for Plats
Documents accepted electronically from Simplifile, CSC, and ePN, are listed in e-Recording Documents and Indexing Specifications.