Hanover-Caroline Soil and Water Conservation District
District Education Specialist Position
The Hanover-Caroline Soil and Water Conservation District is accepting applications for a full-time Education Specialist position. The qualified candidate will coordinate and promote the development of conservation education projects, programs, and activities with school and community groups within Hanover and Caroline Counties, VA. In addition, the qualified candidate will manage media outlets, including newsletter, Facebook, and website, to provide marketing and promotion of SWCD programs.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with district staff and board members, partners, and funding source contacts. A successful candidate must also have excellent customer service skills, demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, ability to work cohesively and productively in a collaborative team-based office environment, and to work independently under general supervision. This position requires the physical ability to perform assigned tasks involving loading, lifting, and carrying moderate weight (25 lbs.).
Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in education/ natural resources related field or equivalent experience as determined by the District. A qualified candidate should be experienced, creative, and enthusiastic about working with both young and lifelong learners. Starting salary based on qualifications/experience from $55,000. Additionally, an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance as well as participation in the Virginia Retirement System is included.
To apply for this opportunity, applicants must submit a (1) cover letter indicating relevant education and experience, (2) a resume, as well as a completed (3) Commonwealth of Virginia application. A resume in lieu of a completed application will not be accepted. Applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected]. The deadline for the submission of applications is September 15, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Questions should be directed to the HCSWCD District Manager, Sharon Conner. The HCSWCD is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Leigh Pemberton, Director, Chairman, appointed
- Donald L. Wells, Associate Director, Hanover
- Cindy Smith, Director, Treasurer, elected, Caroline
- George Rice, Director, Secretary, elected, Hanover
- Joseph H. Stepp, III, Director, Vice-Chairman, elected, Caroline
- Laura Maxey-Nay, Director, appointed, Virginia Cooperative Extension agent
- Tim Tobin, Associate Director, appointed, Caroline
- J. Timothy Etheredge, Associate Director, appointed, Hanover
- Casey Engel, Associate Director, appointed, Caroline
- Meredeth Dash, Associate Director, appointed, Hanover @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>