Building Inspection Listing
The inspection codes for the interactive voice response system (IVR) are listed with each inspection type:
- Footing - IVR Code 100
- Required after trenches have been excavated, forms and grade stakes have been erected, before concrete is placed.
- Slab - IVR Code 103
- Required after reinforcing and vapor retarder has been set and before any concrete is placed. (Please advise inspector if fiber reinforcing is to be used).
- Projection - IVR Code 101
- Required after first course of block has been laid and before exterior walls are backfilled.
- Foundation - IVR Code 102
- To be made when foundation wall has been completed before floor joists and plates are installed.
- Additional inspection is required for drain tile and waterproofing.
- Poured Wall
- Required after form work has been completed and reinforcing placed, before concrete is placed.
- RI Plumbing - IVR Code 300
- Required after all drain, waste, vent and water distribution piping has been installed. Drain, waste, and vent shall be filled with water or provided with 5 per square inch of positive air pressure at the time of the inspection. Water piping shall be provided with air or water at the working pressure or a minimum 60 per square inch at the time of the inspection.
- RI Mechanical - IVR Code 500
- Required after duct work has been installed including: boots, returns, refrigerant lines and condensate lines. Supply and return openings must be covered.
- RI Inside Gas - IVR Code 400
- Required after all inside gas piping has been installed prior to setting appliances.
- Tank Gas - IVR Code 401
- Required after all gas piping has been installed and tank has been set but prior to installation of the meter or regulator.
- Pre-Fab Gas - IVR Code 408
- Required after a unit has been set prior to enclosing with wall covering. Manufacturer's literature must be with the unit for the inspector to reference.
- Final Gas - IVR Code 499
- Required after all gas appliances have been installed, prior to meter or regulator being set.
- Veneer - IVR Code 104
- Required after exterior sheathing, flashing's, ice guard, and weather resistant membranes have been installed. Windows and doors must be installed.
- Framing and Wiring - IVR Code 105 and 200
- Required after all framing has been completed, doors, and windows have been set, the roof has been shingled, the electrical rough in is complete, and the mechanical (inside gas), and plumbing rough in inspections have passed.
- Throat - IVR Code 107
- Required when first flue line is ready to be set or is set.
- Water and Sewer - IVR Code 301 and 302
- Required before water and sewer lines are covered.
- Current - IVR Code 201
- Required after the meter base and panel box have been set, a breaker with one GFCI receptacle has been installed and the system has been properly grounded.
- Insulation - IVR Code 106
- Required after insulation has been installed in sidewalls and other areas that will be concealed but prior to the installation of wall coverings.
- Final - IVR Code 199
- Required after insulation has been completed, yard has been graded and the building is ready to be occupied. A letter certifying termite protection is required for new dwellings.
Certificate of Occupancy
Certificate of Occupancy is issued once the final inspection has been passed and dwellings which are served by a well and or septic system are approved by the Health Department and those served by the Hanover County Department of Utilities have had the appropriate fees paid. To insure timely issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy it is recommended that 2 weeks prior to the date you will need your C.O. you request this office to begin processing the C.O.
Note: The plans approved by Hanover County must be available on the job site for the footing, foundation, framing and final inspections. This list of inspections is the minimum inspections required for a new dwelling. Commercial projects or special conditions on residential projects may require inspections not on the above list.