Visit an Inmate
Pamunkey Regional Jail does not conduct inmate visitation on holidays observed by Hanover County.
Friends and family members can now have a video visit with the inmates at Pamunkey Regional Jail. Video visits are like phone calls, but you can see the person too. Each video visit last for 30 minutes and can be conducted from most internet-connected devices. Please create an account at www.GettingOut.com to get started.
- 30 minutes unless prior arrangements have been made with the Jail.
- The inmate is allowed one regular visit per day and a maximum of 2 visits per week. A total of 2 persons may visit an inmate at a time.
- No one under 18 is allowed to visit unless accompanied by the parent or legal guardian.
- Special arrangements can be made for families who live 75 miles or more from the Pamunkey Regional Jail.
- All adults must show a picture ID. If you have questions regarding visitation, call 804-537-6400, ext. 3013.
Professional visitation is a person from a legal or medical entity, such as the courts, an attorney, mental health, or law enforcement.
- Attorneys or authorized members of their staff
- Clergy who are cleared by the jail
- Mental health professionals who are cleared by the jail
- Personal physicians or psychiatrists
- Police officers
- Probation and parole officers
- Social workers
Professional visitation is conducted by appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled by contacting 804-537-6400, ext. 3013. All professional visitors should bring photographic identification and credentials with them. Although subject to change at any time, generally, professional visitation is conducted Monday through Friday at the following times:
- 8 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.
- 12:31 p.m. - 1:55 p.m.
- 2:31 p.m. - 3:55 p.m.
- 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
If a professional visit must be conducted on a weekend or holiday, contact us at 804-537-6400, ext. 3013 to determine if a special appointment can be accommodated.