Notice on Comments for Planning Commission’s March 18, 2021 Meeting;
Citizens Strongly Encouraged to Participate via Email or by Registering to Speak
The Planning Commission will meet on Thursday, March 18, 2021, at 6 p.m. A Citizens’ Time of up to 20 minutes will be offered for items not on the Agenda before the public hearings begin.
Hanover County is striving to conduct the public’s business, take the necessary precautions to protect residents participating in public meetings, and comply with Governor Northam’s guidelines prohibiting large gatherings and maintaining social distancing.
Given the current health crisis, the County strongly encourages those who wish to make their opinions known during Citizens’ Time or during the Public Hearings to provide their comments online or register to speak in-person.
To view Live Streaming of the Planning Commission Meeting, use this link and select Watch Live button the day and time of meeting.
The Planning Department's responsibilities include:
- Business and Industrial Development Review
- Comprehensive Planning
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Providing staff support to related boards and commissions
- Residential Development and Subdivision Review
- Rezoning, Conditional Use Permit, and Special Exception Permit processing
- Sign Permitting
- Site Plan Review
- Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance Compliance