Public comment procedures for Planning Commission September 17 meeting
Hanover County is striving to conduct the public’s business, take the necessary precautions to protect residents participating in public meetings, and comply with state guidelines limiting the size of gatherings and maintaining social distancing. In person comments are allowed, but the Planning Commission meeting room can be filled to no more than 50% capacity and social distancing must be observed. Citizens wishing to participate in person will be required to wear a face covering. Hanover County has greatly expanded the ways residents may provide comment without having to appear in person, including establishing a voice mail number (365-3384) and an email address for both Citizens Time Comments and the Public Hearings Comments. Comments left within voice mail and the email box will be made a part of the record.
The deadline for submitting Citizens’ Time and Public Hearing comments is Tuesday, September 15, at 5:00 p.m.
The Planning Department's responsibilities include:
- Business and Industrial Development Review
- Comprehensive Planning
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Providing staff support to related boards and commissions
- Residential Development and Subdivision Review
- Rezoning, Conditional Use Permit, and Special Exception Permit processing
- Sign Permitting
- Site Plan Review
- Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance Compliance