Safety & Risk Management
The mission of the Hanover County Safety & Risk Management Division is to partner with Hanover County Government departments and Hanover County Public Schools to create a safe & healthful workplace environment for all employees to work through identification, reduction and elimination of
Safety & Risk Value Statement:
In Hanover County, safety is not only top priority; it is a “value” that must be included in every procedure and everything that we do. Management support and employee involvement is the driving force of the Hanover safety program.
Safety & Risk Management services include:
- Development and implementation of the safety program, safety manual, and training programs for Hanover County and Hanover County Public Schools.
- Oversight of the County and Schools Worker’s Compensation & Risk Management Programs (General Liability, Property, Vehicle and similar)
- Conducting research, evaluating and making recommendations regarding risk management, loss control and claims administration strategies by investigating and analyzing causes, patterns, or trends that could result in compensatory events.
- Assisting departments with interpretation of various Federal, State, and Local safety and health regulations.
- Fostering the principles of “proactive” safety & risk management engagement to support the goal of safety as a “value” for all Hanover County Employees through encouragement of employee involvement in the Safety & Risk Management process.