Safety & Risk Management
The Hanover County Safety & Risk Management Division, a part of the Department of Human Resources, provides programs and services designed to provide support in the areas of Occupational Safety & Health and Risk Management. Hanover County Safety & Risk Management’s mission is to effectively partner with County departments and Schools in reaching the goals of providing a safe environment compliant with all applicable local, state and federal laws for employees to work and the public to enjoy County-owned properties; evaluates safe work practices and provides corrective guidance.
Safety Value Statement:
In Hanover County, safety is not only top priority; it is a “value” that must be included in every procedure and everything that we do. Management support and employee involvement is the driving force of the Hanover safety program.
Safety & Risk Management services include:
- Development and implementation of the safety program, safety manual, and training programs for Hanover County and Hanover County Public Schools.
- Oversight of the County and Schools Worker’s Compensation & Risk Management Programs (General Liability, Property, Vehicle and similar)
- Partnering with County departments and Schools to assess and proactively identify and reduce risks and make recommendations to eliminate, control, or minimize hazards and risks.
- Conducting research, evaluating and making recommendations regarding risk management, loss control and claims administration strategies by investigating and analyzing causes, patterns, or trends that could result in compensatory events.
- Assisting departments with interpretation of various Federal, State, and Local safety and health regulations.
- Fostering the principles of “proactive” safety & risk management engagement to support the goal of safety as a “value” for all Hanover County Employees.
Incident & Accident Reporting & Worker's Compensation Resources
- Hanover County Incident Reporting Quick Reference Guide & Reporting Responsibilities Guide
- Hanover County Accident & Reporting Forms
- Hanover County Worker's Compensations Forms