- Your Government
- Departments A-F
- Finance & Management Services
- Fiscal Year 2024 Proposed Budget
Fiscal Year 2024 Proposed Budget
FY24 Budget Presentations
- County Administrator’s FY24 Proposed Budget Presentation
- FY24 Budget Presentation by Sheriff David R. Hines
- FY24 Budget Presentation by Fire Chief Jethro Piland
- FY24 Additional Financial Info and Tax Impact Solutions
- FY24 Human Resources Budget Presentation
- FY24 Public Utilities Budget Presentation
- FY24 School Budget Presentation
- FY24 Proposed Budget Adjustments
- FY24 Proposed Budget Adjustments - March 8 Board Meeting
FY24 Hanover County Proposed Budget (all sections)
Each of the FY24 proposed budget document sections described below are available to view in the corresponding pdfs.
This document (PDF) has the entire proposed budget (all sections combined).
This section (PDF) is the introduction of the County’s FY24 proposed budget, including a history and description of the government and of the budget process.
OverviewThis section (PDF) is an overview of the County’s FY24 proposed budget, including the County Administrator’s letter, budget and position (FTE) summaries, expenditure and revenue information and the plans that impact the budget.
This section (PDF) describes the General Fund, which is the chief operating fund of the County and includes operating budgets for most traditional local government programs such as Public Safety, Parks and Recreation, and Public Works.
General tax and other revenues that are not allocated by law or other agreement to another fund are accounted for in this fund. This section details revenue by source and expenditures by department and includes functional area summaries that group departments with similar major services/functions (public safety, human services, etc.).
This section (PDF) includes other funds appropriated by the Board of Supervisors that are not included under the General Fund or the CIP. Such funds include:
- School Funds for Hanover County Public Schools (Operations and Nutrition Services)
- Public Utilities Fund
- Airport Fund
- Self-Insurance Fund
- Debt Service Fund
- Bell Creek and Lewistown Commerce Center Community Development Authority Funds.
- Economic Development Authority Fund
Capital Improvements Program
This section (PDF) is an overview of the Capital Improvements Program (CIP), which is the county’s plan for expenditures on roads, facilities, equipment and vehicles over the next five fiscal years.
All budgeted CIP projects are described in this section, including information such as the project’s title, department, functional area, location, description, timetable, operating impact and funding sources and uses.
This section (PDF) includes additional references to other information that may be of use to residents and the glossary.