Fiscal Year 2023 Proposed Budget
FY23 Budget Presentations
- County Administrator’s FY2023 Proposed Budget Presentation
- FY23 Budget Presentation by Sheriff David R. Hines
- FY23 Budget Presentation by Fire Chief Jethro Piland
- FY23 Budget Presentation by Dr. Michael Gill, Superintendent of Schools
- FY23 Public Utilities Budget Presentation
- FY23 CIP, Revenue and 5 Year Plan Presentation
- FY23 Compensation and Benefits Budget Presentation
- FY23 Tax Relief Amendment Presentation
FY2023 Hanover County Proposed Budget (all sections)
Each of the FY2023 proposed budget document sections described below are available to view in the corresponding pdfs.
This document (PDF) has the entire proposed budget (all sections combined) for fiscal year (FY) 2023.
This section (PDF) is the introduction of the County’s FY2023 proposed budget, including a history and description of the government and of the budget process.
OverviewThis section (PDF) is an overview of the County’s FY2023 proposed budget, including the County Administrator’s letter, budget and position (FTE) summaries, expenditure and revenue information and the plans that impact the budget.
This section (PDF) describes the General Fund, which is the chief operating fund of the County and includes operating budgets for most traditional local government programs such as Public Safety, Parks and Recreation, and Public Works.
General tax and other revenues that are not allocated by law or other agreement to another fund are accounted for in this fund. This section details revenue by source and expenditures by department and includes functional area summaries that group departments with similar major services/functions (public safety, human services, etc.).
This section (PDF) includes other funds appropriated by the Board of Supervisors that are not included under the General Fund or the CIP. Such funds include:
- School Funds for Hanover County Public Schools (Operations and Nutrition Services)
- Public Utilities Fund
- Airport Fund
- Self-Insurance Fund
- Debt Service Fund
- Bell Creek and Lewistown Commerce Center Community Development Authority Funds.
- Economic Development Authority Fund
Capital Improvements Program
This section (PDF) is an overview of the Capital Improvements Program (CIP), which is the county’s plan for expenditures on roads, facilities, equipment and vehicles over the next five fiscal years.
All budgeted CIP projects are described in this section, including information such as the project’s title, department, functional area, location, description, timetable, operating impact and funding sources and uses.
This section (PDF) includes additional references to other information that may be of use to residents and the glossary.