The Hanover Tomato Festival scheduled for July 10 and 11, 2020 is cancelled. Read On...
Please bear with us during these unprecedented and uncertain times, as we delay making any event announcements until late spring. The safety and health of our community remain our top priority. Read On...
- The second Friday in July, 5:30 to 8 pm.
- The second Saturday in July, 9 am to 4 pm.
What to Expect
This festival is a free outdoor, family and pet friendly event. Attractions include:
- Delicious Hanover Tomato cuisine
- Over 150 artisan and local business vendors
- Live musical entertainment
- A MaterFUN play area for children featuring:
- Face painting
- The Best Dressed Tomato Contest
Bow Wow Beach
Be sure to visit the Bow-Wow Beach pet cooling station if you decide to bring your pet to the event.
For Your Information
- This event venue is on athletic turf and covers a significant distance.
- Free shuttle/Tram service is available to and from the general parking areas and the event field.
- Be prepared for the forecasted weather conditions by staying hydrated before and during the festival with water, using sunscreen and wearing appropriate clothing and footwear.
- There will be mist/seated cooling stations on the event field.
- ATMs are located near the event entrance for your convenience. Vendors that accept credit cards will be noted on the vendor listing.
- Portable restrooms will be located throughout the festival.
There are three first aid stations on the event field. Please see the Event Map (JPG) for their locations.
In case of a medical emergency, please call 911.
The Hanover Tomato Festival strives to provide guests with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. All event attendees and park patrons are to abide by the following park rules and event regulations. Those who witness other guests violating these policies should report to the nearest event staff person, volunteer or law enforcement officer.
The following are prohibited on Hanover County park property, including the event field and parking areas for the Hanover Tomato Festival:
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs and illegal activities
- Glass containers
- Collection of fees outside of vendor booth
- Driving motorized vehicles or bicycles on turf/field areas or in other unauthorized areas
- Rocket launching
- Hot air ballooning
- Flying model airplanes
- Metal detecting
Event Field & Parking Area Specific Rules
The following are prohibited on the event field and parking areas for the Hanover Tomato Festival:
- Distribution of flyers, promotional materials, and such are limited to within the assigned vendor booth space.
- All staff and volunteers must remain within the approved vendor’s space.
- Walkways must remain clear at all times.
- All animals must remain on a leash.
If you have any questions, please contact us.