Thanks to a grant from the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, Hanover County began offering specialized transportation service to older adults and persons with a disability on December 12, 2019
Please note: If you have been diagnosed with, or suspect that you have COVID-19, consult your medical professional to discuss your transportation options.
Face coverings during transportation is optional. Masks and travel hand sanitizer are available to Hanover DASH riders upon request. Contact Hanover DASH at 804-365-3274.
HERE ARE ALL THE DETAILS TO GET YOU STARTED!
Still have questions? Call 804-365-DASH (3274) or via email at [email protected]
WHO IT IS FOR?
This is a countywide specialized transportation service for residents of Hanover County age 65+ or those with a short term or long term disability.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- All one way rides are a flat rate of $6.00
- Direct, nonstop service
- Booking ALL transports 24 hours in advance
- Single rider or bring a guest (space permitting), a Personal Care Assistant (PCA), or a service animal
- Credentialed transportation providers
WHERE CAN IT TAKE ME?
- Medical appointments including Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center and medical facilities at Stony Point.
- Personal business such as grocery shopping, banking, employment and attending formal social and recreational programs
- Hanover County government buildings
- Within the County’s defined service area (Includes the entire county and a 7 mile area beyond the county boundaries)
- Trip must begin or end in Hanover County
- View Service Area Map Here for primary streets in area (click the plus sign to zoom in).
WHEN DOES IT RUN?
Monday – Saturday (6:00 am – 6:00 pm)
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Eligibility is based upon:
- Proof of residency in Hanover County
- Proof of age, 65 and over
- Or Proof of Short-term or Long Term Disability.
Step 2. Submit verification information requested. You can upload through application; OR email to [email protected] ; OR fax to 804-365-4299; OR hand delivery to: Hanover Community Resources 12310 Washington Highway, Ashland, VA 23005.
Step 3. Once determined eligible, your DASH ID (member) card and Rider’s Guide will be mailed to you.
HOW DO I BOOK MY RIDE?
Hanover County has contracted with UZURV to provide transportation using approved company owned/ branded vehicles or wheelchair accessible vans.
Make sure to have your DASH ID number and the address of your destination
- Call the UZURV Call Center at (804) 299-4367 from 6:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Saturday.
ADA PUBLIC NOTICE
In accordance with requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Hanover County will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities. For additional information on Hanover County’s nondiscrimination and ADA policies and procedures, or to file a complaint, please see contact information and link to ADA /Title VI Complaint form below.
TITLE VI PUBLIC NOTICE
Hanover County, Community Resources is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its transportation services based on race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B. A copy of our complete Title VI Plan can be viewed HERE Version OptionsHanover DASHHeadline Version OptionsHanover DASHHeadline. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by Hanover County, Community Resources or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, you may contact:
Debra A. Preston
Director, Hanover County Department of Community Resources
12310 Washington Highway
Ashland, VA 23005
Phone: 804-365-3274 Fax 804-365-4299
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. -5 p.m.