Thanks to a grant from the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, Hanover County began offering specialized transportation service to older adults and persons with a disability on December 12, 2019
A Message to Hanover DASH Riders : COVID 19
To stay up to date on information and best practices to keep you and your community safe, please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
or Hanover County’s COVID 19 resource page.
Please note: If you have been diagnosed with, or suspect that you have COVID-19, consult your medical professional to discuss your transportation options.
HERE ARE ALL THE DETAILS TO GET YOU STARTED!
Still have questions? Call 804-365-DASH (3274)
WHO IT IS FOR?
This is a countywide specialized transportation service for residents of Hanover County age 60+ or those with a short term or long term disability.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- All one way rides are a flat rate of $6
- Rides booked online are 10% off
- Direct, nonstop service
- Option to reserve same-day
- Or reserve up to 90 days in advance
- We recommend booking wheelchair transports 24 hours in advance when possible
- Single rider or bring a guest (space permitting), a Personal Care Assistant (PCA), or a service animal
- Credentialed transportation providers
WHERE CAN IT TAKE ME?
- Medical appointments including Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center
- Personal business such as grocery shopping, banking and attending formal social and recreational programs
- Hanover County government buildings
- Within the County’s defined service area (Includes the entire county and a 7 mile area beyond the county boundaries)
- Trip must begin or end in Hanover County
- View Service Area Map Here for primary streets in area (click the plus sign to zoom in).
WHEN DOES IT RUN?
Monday – Saturday (7:30 am – 5:30 pm)
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Eligibility is based upon:
- Proof of residency in Hanover County
- Proof of age, 60 and over
- Or Proof of Short-term or Long Term Disability.
Step 2. Submit verification information requested. You can upload through application; OR email to HanoverDASH@hanovercounty.gov ; OR fax to 804-365-4299; OR hand delivery to: Hanover Community Resources 12310 Washington Highway, Ashland, VA 23005.
Step 3. Once determined eligible, your DASH ID (member) card and Rider’s Guide will be mailed to you.
HOW DO I BOOK MY RIDE?
Hanover County has contracted with Roundtrip to provide on demand transportation using approved Lyft passenger vehicle drivers or wheelchair accessible vans.
Just choose your booking method---Make a call OR go online OR use an app.
Make sure to have your DASH ID number and the address of your destination
- Call the Roundtrip Navigation Center 24/7 at 1-877-396-8080
- Get a 10% discount, book your ride online at www.roundtriphealth.com/HanoverDASH
GOT QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PAYMENT TO ROUNDTRIP?
Click HERE for all your answers
TITLE VI PUBLIC NOTICE
Hanover County, Community Resources is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its transportation services based on race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by Hanover County, Community Resources or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, you may contact:
Hanover County Department of Community Resources
12310 Washington Highway
Ashland, VA 23005
Phone: 804-365-3274 Fax 804-365-4299
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. -5 p.m.