Thanks to a grant from the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation, Hanover County begins offering door to door specialized transportation service to older adults and persons with a disability on December 12, 2019
HERE ARE ALL THE DETAILS TO GET YOU STARTED!
Still have questions? Call 804-365-DASH (3274)
WHO IT IS FOR?
This is a countywide specialized transportation service for residents of Hanover County age 60+ or those with a short term or long term disability.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- All one way rides are a flat rate of $6
- Rides booked online are 10% off
- Direct, nonstop service
- Option to reserve same-day
- Or reserve up to 90 days in advance
- We recommend booking wheelchair transports 24 hours in advance when possible
- Single rider or bring a guest (space permitting), a Personal Care Assistant (PCA), or a service animal
- Credentialed transportation providers
WHERE CAN IT TAKE ME?
- Medical appointments including Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center
- Personal business such as grocery shopping, banking and attending formal social and recreational programs
- Hanover County government buildings
- Within the County’s defined service area (Includes the entire county and a 7 mile area beyond the county boundaries)
- Trip must begin or end in Hanover County.
WHEN DOES IT RUN?
Monday – Saturday (7:30 am – 5:30 pm)
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Eligibility is based upon:
- Proof of residency in Hanover County
- Proof of age, 60 and over
- Or Proof of Short-term or Long Term Disability.
Step 2. Submit verification information requested. You can upload through application; OR email to HanoverDASH@hanovercounty.gov ; OR fax to 804-365-4299; OR hand delivery to: Hanover Community Resources 12310 Washington Highway, Ashland, VA 23005.
Step 3. Once determined eligible, your DASH ID (member) card and Rider’s Guide will be mailed to you.
HOW DO I BOOK MY RIDE?
Hanover County has contracted with Roundtrip to provide on demand transportation using approved Lyft passenger vehicle drivers or wheelchair accessible vans.
Just choose your booking method---Make a call OR go online OR use an app.
Make sure to have your DASH ID number and the address of your destination
- Call the Roundtrip Navigation Center 24/7 at 1-877-396-8080
- Get a 10% discount, book your ride online at www.roundtriphealth.com/HanoverDASH
GOT QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PAYMENT TO ROUNDTRIP?
Click HERE for all your answers